wake up brain
I'll be glad if i make it through this week - really looking forward to the weekend - but it's hell til then. I have a huge assignment due on Monday but as i'm going for a CU weekend away down in Palmerston North (about 4 hrs south) i gotta do it by Friday. And it's huge. It's like 40% of the paper. Say a prayer for me! Also leading JL study 2 on Thurs, which although it means prep, i'm looking forward to it. Always happy to get down and dirrrrty with the Word, heheh!:)
The assignment is really cheesing me off - it's a Ethics essay and i can't get my head around all those stupid ethical theories! They're all hopelessly flawed anyways - wait til they hear the best ethical theory. The Hopelessness of Sin. I will tell them.. one day.
Today i led a 2nd JL study. Well, it was the 1st study, but for the 2nd time! It was really good - i hope it was clear and faithful, i love Jn1:1-18. As Edmund said, it's shallow enough for a child to wade in, yet deep enough for an elephant to drown in. Watch out, Mr Elephant!!
My favourite part of the study is the question: "Why do you think Jesus is referred to as the Word?" And from my self-disclosure lecture, i learnt that the definitition of self disclosure is "Making available information about oneself to others; information that they wouldn't otherwise know had he/she not made it available." I think that is a wonderful way of answering the question - that Jesus is God's self-disclosure, the Word spoken by God to us, God's self-revelation that we wouldn't otherwise know had He not chosen to reveal Himself to us. Exciting times.
I will end on a spiritual note - by paying tribute to a young lady who mentioned something in her blog that was so simple, yet so profound, and spoke volumes to me. I pray that she will always hold this close to her heart, and that we all, too, will remember that life is indeed SO worth living because Jesus lives. This is what she said:
"when i was preparing the songs for punj today, i was really struck by how much i've failed to realise that i can't do everything on my own & i should stop trying to do so because ultimately He's the one who's got everything in His hands & that in everything, as long as i trust, He'll carry me through (:
Because He lives I can face tomorrow;
Because He lives all fear is gone;
Because I know, I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives"
Cheers Clarissa.
The assignment is really cheesing me off - it's a Ethics essay and i can't get my head around all those stupid ethical theories! They're all hopelessly flawed anyways - wait til they hear the best ethical theory. The Hopelessness of Sin. I will tell them.. one day.
Today i led a 2nd JL study. Well, it was the 1st study, but for the 2nd time! It was really good - i hope it was clear and faithful, i love Jn1:1-18. As Edmund said, it's shallow enough for a child to wade in, yet deep enough for an elephant to drown in. Watch out, Mr Elephant!!
My favourite part of the study is the question: "Why do you think Jesus is referred to as the Word?" And from my self-disclosure lecture, i learnt that the definitition of self disclosure is "Making available information about oneself to others; information that they wouldn't otherwise know had he/she not made it available." I think that is a wonderful way of answering the question - that Jesus is God's self-disclosure, the Word spoken by God to us, God's self-revelation that we wouldn't otherwise know had He not chosen to reveal Himself to us. Exciting times.
I will end on a spiritual note - by paying tribute to a young lady who mentioned something in her blog that was so simple, yet so profound, and spoke volumes to me. I pray that she will always hold this close to her heart, and that we all, too, will remember that life is indeed SO worth living because Jesus lives. This is what she said:
"when i was preparing the songs for punj today, i was really struck by how much i've failed to realise that i can't do everything on my own & i should stop trying to do so because ultimately He's the one who's got everything in His hands & that in everything, as long as i trust, He'll carry me through (:
Because He lives I can face tomorrow;
Because He lives all fear is gone;
Because I know, I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives"
Cheers Clarissa.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home