Tuesday, February 21, 2006

One Weird As Day

Today was one of the weirder days to say the least. It was a day of many firsts. It started damn early - i had to get up at 0615(my first first) to make it to school for a 0800 workshop. Nrrrggghh... It was a cool workshop - media production - ie. how to use a mammoth camera n tripod. God bless me if i drop the camera, it costs 13 grand. Met a few cool friends - Philip, Nick, Olivia and Nemane. Yes, you read right, Nemane. Lush name, eh - like sea anemane!
After the workshop, i went to the cinema, by myself(another first). Just wanted to prove to myself that i could watch a show on my own, heheh. Well, i watched Brokeback Mountain. (another first - my first gay movie!...) Tell you what, it was one bent show man, i felt all twisted inside after i came out. Probably not a show i'd recommend, it was soppy - but not feel good soppy, it was feel yuck soppy. And it definitely didn't make me any more sympathetic to gays, in fact it made me a bit of a homophobe. I was never so glad to see a husband and wife getting it on. Nuff said.
I went home, had a horrible nap cos the crickets were bloody going at it - it's horrible, i shaded my eyes from the sun and covered my ears from the noise, and i still couldn't get a proper sleep for 2 hours.
I left for football at 1730. The football match was a game of 2 firsts - my first goal, and my first blunder (that cost us the match. SHIT.) I came on with 5 other subs at 3-3, and i played attacking midfield(presumably cos the coach didn't want to put me in defence lest i make any errors. Much good that did.). About 3 mins into me coming on, my teammate sent in a cross which i headed into the net, I was thrilled to bits to score my first goal. Then everything went pear-shaped. I shyed away from the ball and was caught in possession numerous times, and they equalised. Finally, with nearly the last kick of the game, the ball came out to me in the penalty area begging to be cleared, i swung with my left foot trying to pass it to a mate, and only succeeded in laying it off to an opponent who lashed it back into the penalty area, following which, someone blasted it into the net. What a chimp. I felt(feel) like a shithead...
So. That was my day of firsts. Hope you guys had better.
C'mon Liverpool!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home