Nothing's Ever Promised Tomorrow, Today
Change, bloomin change. Everything changes but You - Somehow Take That summed it up right. Everything changes but God eh? Things are moving slowly, yet somehow my hands can't seem to get a grip on anything at the moment, not least the football instructions that my coach is desperately trying to teach me.
The past week has been about football and more football, not much else. I'm anticipating more change in the next week. There's uni orientation (should i be excited?) on Monday and uni starts proper the following Monday - and we move house on the 24th God-willing. I'm looking forward to that, yet i'm not, cos i can walk to footy training now but when i move, i will be miles away and it will be quite an adventure to travel week in and week out. My dad tried to tell me that i should reconsider my commitment to the club, seeing i'm gonna live miles away, but i think i'll give it a whirl commuting. Sigh. I've finally found something i really love, right at my doorstep, and now i have to move again. I don't know if i'll find the same quality of training and more importantly, a coach willing to invest time and energy and his breath coaching me(and a christian coach at that!).
Played another 30mins today against another Premier League team - we kept a clean sheet for the 30 mins but i just feel so bewildered at what to do, tactically. The 4 defenders need to keep a strict discipline and, man it's difficult to keep up. I only survive by having my teammates holler instructions at me, and while i need that, it's damn discouraging always to have to be told what to do. I guess i need to be patient, after the match the coach told me i will improve slowly - give it a year or so. Imagine that, a whole year of training, 3 times a week before i can keep up with these guys. I wonder if this is what God wants me to do. He kinda dropped it at my feet(haha mild pun), so perhaps i should use the advise that my coach and team mates holler "Hold it, don't give it away!"
Anyways, Kanye West is a wicked performer, he is SO talented. I just watched an hour-long session of him performing at Abbey Road with an orchestra. He's coming to Auckland in March - i SO wanna go, but family's tight on cash, so think that'll go down as a trivial pursuit for now. Dang.
I met with Adam, the Campus Crusade staff worker from the US - he's cool - and we're gonna do 121 together - prob read a book together or something. Pray that we will encourage each other, and that i will be open and not bigoted to the way different christians do things differently (while being discerning).
Guess that's me for now. Nothing's Ever Promised Tomorrow, Today - but the certainty of our relationship in Christ.
The past week has been about football and more football, not much else. I'm anticipating more change in the next week. There's uni orientation (should i be excited?) on Monday and uni starts proper the following Monday - and we move house on the 24th God-willing. I'm looking forward to that, yet i'm not, cos i can walk to footy training now but when i move, i will be miles away and it will be quite an adventure to travel week in and week out. My dad tried to tell me that i should reconsider my commitment to the club, seeing i'm gonna live miles away, but i think i'll give it a whirl commuting. Sigh. I've finally found something i really love, right at my doorstep, and now i have to move again. I don't know if i'll find the same quality of training and more importantly, a coach willing to invest time and energy and his breath coaching me(and a christian coach at that!).
Played another 30mins today against another Premier League team - we kept a clean sheet for the 30 mins but i just feel so bewildered at what to do, tactically. The 4 defenders need to keep a strict discipline and, man it's difficult to keep up. I only survive by having my teammates holler instructions at me, and while i need that, it's damn discouraging always to have to be told what to do. I guess i need to be patient, after the match the coach told me i will improve slowly - give it a year or so. Imagine that, a whole year of training, 3 times a week before i can keep up with these guys. I wonder if this is what God wants me to do. He kinda dropped it at my feet(haha mild pun), so perhaps i should use the advise that my coach and team mates holler "Hold it, don't give it away!"
Anyways, Kanye West is a wicked performer, he is SO talented. I just watched an hour-long session of him performing at Abbey Road with an orchestra. He's coming to Auckland in March - i SO wanna go, but family's tight on cash, so think that'll go down as a trivial pursuit for now. Dang.
I met with Adam, the Campus Crusade staff worker from the US - he's cool - and we're gonna do 121 together - prob read a book together or something. Pray that we will encourage each other, and that i will be open and not bigoted to the way different christians do things differently (while being discerning).
Guess that's me for now. Nothing's Ever Promised Tomorrow, Today - but the certainty of our relationship in Christ.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home