Thursday, October 09, 2008

i'm not that useless, he says to himself

4 weeks til the end of my university life, and i'm still doing allnighters. So maybe the reason I leave my assignments to the last flippin moment is because I have every other thing to do that is equally worth doing. And doing your assignments for Jesus, and about Jesus - takes things up another notch. Sometimes it just doesn't seem worthwhile.
Student-led ministry? I think that is something that needs to be held in tension - allowing students to take initiative and responsibility for campus ministry stuff (you don't need to tell me that uni work isn't not ministry) whilst juggling their uni work - oh, and a part time job. It's flippin insane. Just try it.
Living your life holistically for Jesus, whether as a student or workperson, is really, really difficult. There have been many times in the past 3 years I've wanted to say - na, stuff that, and stuff you too. It feels like such times.


But there is nothing more worthwhile. I just keep trucking, and finding Jesus in the joys and sorrows that come along the way - and realising that he's never once left my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home