Friday, July 06, 2007

the sound of silence

Most times, I don't blog simply because I'm too busy with no time to think, or because there isn't anything to blog about. This time, I haven't been blogging because the process has become too hard, too deep, too raw, too personal, too unknown. The past few months have been a time of asking questions like: "Where is home?" "What is love?" "Who am I?" and "What is God up to?". There haven't always been answers, and God's silence sometimes confounds me. But the answers that I've needed, the crucial answers, have been found in the Bible. And there have been reminders of God's grace, in His creation, in His people, in His Word, and ultimately shown in Christ. I want to share some pictures of people who are reminders of God's grace to me, as well as 2 songs which express my heart's cry.

I'm off to Canada on Tues the 10th of July for the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students World Assembly. Back on the 22nd of July. Pls pray for me, that God will reveal more of Himself to me and cause me to respond to His grace.

I might have 'blogged' this song before, but I'm always reminded of young Clarissa who first 'blogged it' and gave me great encouragement by reminding me of Jesus and the victory we have in Him.

Because He lives,
I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives,
All fear is gone,
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

3 Comments:

Blogger damienqiuwenjie said...

World. Assembly. I want.

I'll make do taking my exams here in Germany halfway from Singapore to Toronto.

Pray you'll have an edifying time there!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Ahlong said...

Yo brother,

About the thing I mention in our last mail, what do you think?? (the part you say you need help wan??)

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh not THAT young anymore! :D

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home